You are here:HomeFacilitiesThe GrangeThe Grange The Grange The Grange is one of Mount Victoria's earliest buildings. It was built for William R. Piddington, colonial secretary to Sir Henry Parkes, on a 35 hectare holding in 1876. The home was designed by the well known architect John Horbury Hunt who made the most of the elevated position with magnificent views to the north. Many of the original fittings and much of the innate character of Hunt's design have been preserved: the charm of tall ceilings, the texture of sandstone and the warmth of timber combine to give The Grange a character all of its own. Barker acquired the property in 1989 and opened its Outdoor Education and Field Studies Centre. The Middle School Program runs throughout the year for Barker students and when not in use by the College, the property is available to the Barker Community. There are three buildings available for hire: The Grange The Cottage The Gate House Bordering the World heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park, The Grange is in close proximity of numerous activities including walks and the scenic attractions of Pulpit Rock, The Bushrangers' Cave, Ross Glen, Mt Piddington, Fairy Bower, Cox's Cave, Mitchell's Lookout, Berghoffer's Pass and Lawsons Long Alley. By car there is easy access to Mt York, the Zig Zag Railway, the famous gardens of Mt Wilson, Jenolan Caves, Cox's River, Lithgow and Hassan's Walls, Victoria Falls, Govett's Leap, the Megalong Valley and Newnes.