Welcome to the Barker Foundation Aquatic Centre website. Here you will find general information regarding the Aquatic Centre, Barker Community Access program and programs such as our learn to swim and squad swimming programs.
The Aquatic Centre offers a fully integrated all-year-round swimming coaching and training program. It provides for:
• Learn to Swim classes for Barker Community and non Barker members
• Junior Development Squad programs for students, siblings and non Barker patrons
• Complete age group training programs for State and National Age group swimmers
• Junior and adult fitness
• Recreational access
• Indoor, heated, 17m length learn to swim program pool (31°C )
• Indoor, heated eight lane 25m length pool (27°C)
Learn to Swim Program Barker College Students and Community Customers
The Aquatic Centre operates a learn to swim program. This is available to all members of the Barker community and to approved customers who have no Barker connection. The program caters for all levels and includes:
• Parent and child classes.(6 + months )
• Preschool classes
• School age
• Fitness program
• Private lessons
• Holiday Intensive LTS & Stroke Clinics
• Junior school carnival preparation (January Holiday Intensives only)
• Adult learn to swim
Operating hours (Learn to Swim)
The Swim School is fully professional and is strongly patronised on a daily basis seven days a week. Bookings are essential via application and term lesson fees apply.
• Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 6:30
(Closed between noon and 3pm, priority given to school age children between 7:30am - 8:30am)
• Saturday 7:30am - 4:00pm
• Sunday 9:00am - 12:00pm
Barker College Preparatory students (K – YR2)
• Monday/Tuesday/Thursday and Friday 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Barker College Junior School students (YRS 3-6)
• Monday/Wednesday and Friday 3:20pm – 4:00pm
The above days/times are predominantly for Barker College students Kindergarten – Year 6. Barker College students are able to swim at alternate times and days where vacancies exist.
All Barker College instructors hold the recognised national qualification for teaching of swimming and water safety either through Austswim or Swimming Australia, the industry standard for swimming and water safety teachers and a current CPR certificate.
Assessments - New enrolments
Assessments are not required if your child is an absolute beginner, or a paddler and kicker that can swim less than 10 metres. If your child can swim 10 metres plus please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Aquatic Centre Reception on 9847 8281.