Participation in sport is compulsory for all girls at Barker from Year 10 to Year 12. Girls are offered a wide choice of sports and compete in the Independent Sporting Association (ISA) and local competitions. The ISA provides girls with the representative pathway to CIS (Combined Independent Schools), NSW All Schools and eventually Australian All Schools.
Girls commit to a Summer (Terms 1 and 4) and a Winter (Terms 2 and 3) sport. These include - Basketball, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Fencing, Hockey, Netball, Physical Conditioning, Softball, Squash, Surf Lifesaving, Tennis, Tae Kwon Do, Touch Football, and Waterpolo.
In addition to our compulsory Sport, students have the opportunity to participate in Athletics, Swimming and Cross Country. Barker Girls also have the opportunity to use The Barker Bunker (Girls' Gym), this is open to all abilities and gives students the opportunity to participate in group fitness classes, have an individual program written to increase their strength and fitness, or assist them during the rehabilitation from injury.
Barker Girls have enjoyed many individual achievements and many outstanding team results in recent years:
- The Girls' ISA Swimming team have been crowned Senior Champions 12 times in the 15 year history of ISA
- Barker has won the ISA Athletics Championship 12 times in the past 15 years
- ISA Open A Basketball Championship title 2016
- ISA Softball Championship title for 22nd consecutive win
- In the Independent Schools Association Girls' Football, Netball, Basketball and Hockey competition, Barker has enjoyed success as the ISA Champions
- Barker Girls have competed in the Australian Youth Olympics Festival; been selected in the NSW All-Schools Team for Softball; as well as selected in the U19 Women's NSW Volleyball team and Captained the Australian U17 Sprint Kayaking team.